About this supplement
The Gold Fields Mineral Resources and Mineral Reserves Supplement 2011 covers the 12 months to 31 December 2011 and comprises:
- The Mineral Resources and Mineral Reserves Overview, which provides a comprehensive overview of Gold Fields’ Mineral Resources and Mineral Reserves status on a Group and Regional basis;
- Eight operational Technical Short Form Reports, which give an in-depth review of each operation; and a
- Technical Short Form Report of Gold Fields’ Exploration and Growth Projects, which summarises near-mine and greenfields exploration in the existing countries of operation and beyond.
As at 31 December 2011, Gold Fields Limited had total managed precious metal and gold equivalent Mineral Resources of 234.4 million ounces and Mineral Reserves of 85.1 million ounces.
The reporting of Gold Fields’ Mineral Resources and Mineral Reserves is guided by the following principles:
- Integrity, transparency and materiality in reporting;
- Compliance with public and internal regulatory codes; and
- Informing all stakeholders on the status of the Group’s fundamental asset base.