Gold Fields Limited recognises that global warming and associated climate change is a reality that requires global action. Considering our vision of being the global leader in sustainable gold mining, Gold Fields Limited is committed to contributing to a global solution through the deployment of responsible strategies and actions.
To attain the overall vision, the company is committed to:
- Designing and implementing strategies that seek to reduce the carbon footprint of the company, improve our energy efficiency, pursue any potential opportunities and utilise carbon friendly technologies where feasible;
- Determining the risks that climate change may present to the company and assigning appropriate actions to mitigate such risks;
- Accurately determining our carbon footprint and providing comprehensive disclosure on carbon related issues;
- Complying with applicable legal requirements and with other requirements to which the organisation subscribes, that relate to carbon management; and
- Encouraging business partners and suppliers to adopt similar principles.
Gold Fields Limited understands that our employees and business partners play a crucial role in achieving the objectives as set out above and as a result the company commits to:
- Improving awareness regarding carbon related issues
- Providing an enabling environment to achieve carbon savings and the deployment of innovations
- Ensuring that carbon management considerations are included into the decision making processes