South African Structure
Gold Fields South Africa values the importance of alignment and integration across all supply chain activities - regionally and globally. The South African Gold Fields Supply Chain function is therefore managed as a dedicated and integrated unit with a strategic objective.
This is recognised in the way in which the business units are grouped together:
- Supplier Management; facilitates supplier registration, vetting and approval.
- Sourcing Management; manages all non-strategic sourcing activities such as RFI’s, RFQ’s, RFP’s, Reverse Auctions and Tenders.
- Strategic Sourcing; focuses on identifying Strategic Sourcing Projects in order to improve on global total cost initiatives.
- Contract Management; manages all new contract initiations, on-going contract management, renewals and terminations.
- Procure to pay; relates to all operational and administrative processes e.g. requisitioning, ordering, general administration, warehousing, invoice management and cash management (discounts).